Do you want to see all the images you can use for you HUD?
They are inside the pk3 files.
The pk3 files are in the same folder where the UI folder is:
id Software /quakelive /baseq3
How to open those pk3 files
1.Download - quakelivedec -
QuakeLive beta files decoder 0.1
here's the link: http://aluigi.org/papers.htm#q3
2. Unzip it.
Copy the 2 files to c:/windows/sytem32
3. Windows taskbar > start > Run
quakelivedec file_to_decode.pk3 output_file.zip
The program will produce a zip file. Now, you can unzip it and see what images
you can use in you hud.
Let's copy the file qztourney8.pk3 to the directory c:/
(files can be anywhere, I chose this because it is easier to explain)
Windows taskbar > start > Run
quakelivedec c:/qztourney8.pk3 c:/any_name.zip
Now you have a file named any_name.zip
Unzip it. You will see 5 folders. One of them is called "textures"
Inside this folder there are several folder with images.
You use this images with the command background.
It got easier
Thanks to TiabKeeg for this
Batch file to decode pk3 files
1. unzip, copy the folder to C://
2. Inside the folder you will find quakelivedec.zip, unzip and copy quakelivedec to C://windows/system32
3. put the pk3 files you want to decode in the "PAks" folder
4. double click "QL PAK to ZIP"
5. the decoded files are in the "ZIPs" folder